BORP's 15th Annual Poker Fundraiser
February 24, 2018 @ 5:00PM — 11:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
A Fundraising Poker Night benefiting BORP Power Soccer
On Saturday, February 24, 2018, BORP will host the 15th Annual Poker Fundraiser at the Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline St., Berkeley. The Poker Fundraiser is a Texas Hold'em poker night to support the BORP Power Soccer Program. Benefiting athletes with disabilities in the power wheelchair soccer program, this friendly no-limit poker fundraiser will teach you how to play before you start and keep you having fun even if you get knocked out. New, inexperienced, and experienced players are welcome to participate.
Food and non-alcoholic beverages are included in the ticket purchase. There will be a cash bar.
- First, second, and third place will receive top prizes.
- Awesome prizes for all levels of play.
- Fantastic raffle prizes (purchase tickets in advance or at the event.)
- Past winners have received premium tickets to a Giants or Oakland A's game, tickets to the San Francisco Ballet, Flights on Southwest Airlines, premier bottles of wine, and more!
- 2 tickets to the SF Giants (right behind home plate!)
- Gift certificate for an "Evening at Kiehl's" for you and 10 friends
- 2 VIP passes to the Legion of Honor or the de Young Museum
- 1 Magnum of Duckhorn Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- Oakland A's Tickets
New this Year
- People wanting to learn how to play and practice can participate in a tutorial by expert players an hour before the start of the event.
- Players knocked out of the main event can re-buy back in (receiving the same amount of chips as when you started) for a donation of $50 up until the end of the fifth round, or…
- Players knocked out of the main event can a new set of chips and play at a "knockout" table for free, fun, and prizes
About Power Soccer
BORP's Power Soccer Program started in 1988 and was the first power soccer program in the USA. During that time we have provided hundreds of powerchair users with opportunities to participate, compete and excel as athletes.
We invite you to support BORP Power Soccer by registering to play in the Poker Slam and/or by making a tax-deductible donation of money or prizes (for the poker tournament or the raffle). All proceeds from the 2017 BORP Poker Slam Fundraiser and Social benefit BORP's Power Soccer athletes who will be defending their national championship title in 2018. The money raised helps defray the considerable equipment and travel expenses.
Please spread the word and bring your friends!
See you at the Slam!
Information about tickets/tables:
General Admission for one player is $100 and includes entry to the event, chips, and a seat a table.
General Admission for those not playing is $30 and includes entry to the event.
Purchase entry for ten poker players for $1000. Includes chips and a reserved table for 10 players.